The Lady's Tutor - Robin Schone One of My Most Favorite HistoricalsI've just finished rereading this book and guess what? I love it even more than I did the first time I read it. This is one of those books where all the elements just come together to make a near perfect read.[b:The Lady's Tutor|916794|The Lady's Tutor|Robin Schone|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1266672883s/916794.jpg|1807284] is set in Victorian England when women were expected not to express anything so crass as emotion, good or bad, especially if you were the daughter of the prime minister and the wife of a high-ranking government official. Elizabeth Petre is married to a man chosen for her when she was seventeen. In the intervening sixteen years, she has born two children and stood by her man, all in the name of politics.Elizabeth hears a rumor that her husband has a mistress and she decides to do something about getting her man back in her bed. She blackmails Ramiel, Lord Safyre, who is a man-whore deluxe, into teaching her how to seduce her husband. As they begin their lessons they come to realize that they both have skewed impressions of the other and as the days go on, they begin to fall in love.As she begins to realize that there really is nothing wrong with her or her feelings, she begins to rebel in small ways which causes shit to hit the fan with her husband and parents. Her husband has zero interest in being in her bed for any reason and tells her so in an extraordinarily cruel manner. Eventually an attempt is made on her life and she goes to Ramiel who then demonstrates that she indeed is deserving of tenderness and that her sexual desires are natural and can and should be expressed.Both protagonists were extremely likable. Ramiel has turned out to be one of my favorite tortured heroes. Being caught between two worlds ever since he was born, he'd never had a real place in either one. His relationship with his mother, who had done her best to raise him on her own, was very loving and mutually respectful. His treatment of Elizabeth was so tender, sexy, and respectful that you couldn't help but root for him. His underground Turkish bath didn't hurt either. Elizabeth may have seemed prickly in the beginning, but it was quickly evident that she had a marshmallow center, especially when dealing with her sons. Her sense of fairness was awesome and it was interesting to see her try to deal with that sense of fairness in the face of society's dictates. Because even though the times demanded the utmost respectability and virtue in ALL women, it paradoxically ignored certain facts of the lower classes such as occurrences of rape, prostitution, disease, poverty, and poor working conditions.This book is classified as erotica but it really doesn't read that way to me. The H/h don't even kiss until page 220 and there is no sex until around page 240. BUT...the sexual tension is built like crazy up until then. I highly recommend this book and author.